Friday, February 21, 2014

This week's Post: Friday Five

This week: it's been a little crazy...ok, maybe very crazy, but I have to say, I've finished the week stronger than I was when I started. Micah's grandmother fell and broke her shoulder Sunday night, and then fell again Wednesday, so I've been a little preoccupied. I'll be posting the strength training tutorial of the week this weekend. Since it's fitness Friday. I thought I'd take a moment share 5 reasons that I exercise, and maintain healthy habits. Sometimes, it's good to take a step back and reflect on why we do what we do.
1. To gain discipline that I never had before. If you learn to master your health, and your spiritual health, you can become displined in every other area of your life.
2. To feel healthy. I really don't ever care to look like a runway model. Starvation is not the key, proper nutrition is. When you feel healthy, your outside will show it.
3. To be a better wife, aunt, friend, and daughter and employee. I've struggled with anemia, and hypothyroidism for awhile now, and if I didn't take the time and resources to invest in myself, I would never be able to keep up with all that goes on. I have the energy to do my job, take care of others and serve. People can hate on Maria Kang all they want, but if she's anything like me she works out to take care of her three sons. It doesn't take hours in the gym, just 30 minutes. My butt got kicked today in a 30 minute workout.
4. To manage stress. Ladies, I'm talking to you...take all that energy and time you waste thinking about what will never happen and take time for you. It can be one minute of jumping jacks at a time. But seriously, your hormones and your mind will be more balanced.
5. To be able to say, I can

 ...what's holding you back?

See you soon!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment