So, let's face it...the next couple of months are usually terrible months for gyms, and well, wellness in general. A lot of people automatically adopt the mindset, "I'm going to be eating out/eating desserts/eating whatever so much, that why should I try to exercise/eat smart". As a result, many people get themselves in trouble and wind up, gaining weight, getting sick, or feeling downright disgusting from November to New Years'. Maybe this post will help you rediscover why you decided to live a healthier lifestyle in the first place. Life is about balance, if you want to do for others this season, you need to take care of yourself.
1. Because a day wasted is a day wasted, no matter how you look at it. Why wait to start now? Just because you can't hit the gym 2 hours a day doesn't mean you need to throw out your routine out the window. What about ? There are plenty of easy nutritious recipes out there that require nothing but a crockpot...besides, it soup weather anyway
2. Because many resolutions do not include a detailed plan. Wishful thinking does not accomplish goals, action does. Schedule your workouts and meal prep like appointments. You can find 30 minutes of your day to meal prep and exercise...did I mention crock pots?
3. Because a healthy lifestyle is a daily choice, not magic moment where everything falls into place. Goals are achieved, not given...I hear to many people complain, but that program costs something, but I can't afford meat...um, yeah, you can diy your own pedicure for the next two months, cut back Starbucks coffee to twice a week instead of every day, you can yard sale all that junk in your house. If you have excuses now, you'll still have excuses the other 364 days of the year too...food for thought. I say this because I had to reach this realization myself.
4. Because some exercise and good nutrition is better than no exercise and bad nutrition. Hey, there are plenty of 5 minute workouts on this blog and plenty of throw and go recipes. Eat healthy foods when you're at home.
5. Because flu season...well, it's already started. If you throw your own health to the wayside this time of year, chances are you will miss out on some important events because you didn't take the time or effort to invest in your health.
6. Because exercise allows you to release stress. Hey I don't even go out on Black Friday...if I buy anything, I buy online. There are plenty of sales, and now even many local businesses have online shops...Mine does. I just found time for you to workout and enjoy a delicious healthy meal!
7. Because you need the extra energy this time of year. Whew! Who doesn't?! I don't make perfect choices, but when I can, I reserve my right to eat healthy. Unless you're baking for a party, you don't need it in your house....send it home with someone else after the party...hehehehe
8. Because materialism and food are not the reason for the season.We worship food here in the U.S. We eat out of enjoyment, not nourishment....not to say that it's bad, but when that mindset rules your food choices, it's time to reevaluate what you're doing. You have your health and your family's health for the rest of your lives...you only get one life here on this earth... turn your focus towards helping those in need, not on how much you can stockpile.
9. Because if you're tired of starting over, you need to stop quitting...for real... 'nough said. If accountability seems to be an issue, let me help. To reach me, fill out this form. Sometimes, it's important to have someone to sit down and talk with you about your needs. I'm here to listen.
10. Because your health and being healthy will save you time and money in the long run. Eat healthy and exercise now, or doctor bills later....your choice. You do not have to let the current state of your health define you, nor do you have to let the typical expectations of everyone else define you.