Monday, January 12, 2015

Motivation Monday: My Journey Over the Past Year

Hi There!
It's been a looooooong time since I've written. I started a new job during Christmas so things were a little hectic, and I'm so thankful to be back in the swing of writing again! I've really missed blogging, and I've missed having a regular routine for the past few weeks!
at the end of 2013 I set some goals for myself in 2014, and I wanted to recap those goals and let you know where I'm at on my journey today. Some are fitness related, some  are non-fitness related, but they were all areas of my life that I felt could use some improvement, and these goals challenged me.

1. Be more consistent with quiet time. Sometimes this meant choosing between something else I wanted to watch/do, but it was totally worth it. I started keeping a prayer journal again, and have really enjoyed turning off the radio when I'm driving and spending that time praying instead. Scripture says, "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything, by prayer and supplication, let your requests be made known to God." This is the best stress relief. God can handle my problems far better than I can.
2. This is going to sound completely different: do more cardio. I'm happy to report that now I average 2-3cardio sessions each week. I really like doint intervals, and cardio dvd's, like 21 Day Fix - Cardio Fix or Plyo Fix.
 3.  Do more upper body strength training. I can actually do full push-ups now and beast the monkey bars! This was really tough to begin with, but over the past year, I've noticed significant strength gains, which PiYo helped with Tremendously.
4. Traveling. This year, we've traveled more often than we have in the past 2 years combined. Granted, we didn't go on an African safari, but we managed to take some day trips on our weekends off and get much needed time away several on weekends.
5. Going back to school. While i haven't gone back to school yet, I have gotten recertified in PiYo Live, and taken several courses in health coaching, which ties into what I'd eventually like to get a second Bachelor's in I have changed industries a little in the past year from wellness to banking, which is my day job now, but I also like the finance field, so you just never know where I may end up. I would like to earn a more elite certification in coaching though, so we'll see...




Some things I'd like to work on over the next year are:

1. Reading through the entire Bible in 1 year.
2. Organizing decorating our environment - we live in a fixer-upper. I have plans
3. Perfecting my blog business plan, take some courses and design some supplemental courses for my Beachbody Biz. I'm working on publishing 2 short e-books this year.
4. Pay off 1 student loan.
5. ....well, I"ll leave this one blank. ;)

What are some things you'd like to accomplish this year? Do you ever write out the steps you need to take in order to reach those goals? I do. Be specific. And share a goal with me in the comments below!

Jeremiah 29:11-13 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment