Thursday, October 24, 2013

Short Circuit = Time Saving Workout

Wow! I can't believe we're almost through with October! My birthday was last weekend, so I'll admit I splurged, but am now glad to be back into my diet and fitness schedule. I've been focusing on building more muscle, but losing some fat, in other words: staying the same weight, but changing my body composition. Which can be a little tricky, because it's easier to do one or the other. There's one technique I've tried that never fails. Circuits with heavy weight and low reps, as in 8-15 reps. I alternate a lower body exercise with an upperbody exercise, and after only a week, I can tell a difference. Oh, and by the way, for all you outdoor exercisers, this is a great way for you to get in some cardio while strength training if you don't like the cold. Circuit training involves completing only one set of an exercise, then immediately moving on to the next set of an exercise. Here's an example:

Band Squats x 10
Tricep Dips x 10
Step-ups x 10
Seated Band Rows x 10
1-legged Glute Bridges x 10 (each side)





Reverse Crunches x 10
Rest 1 min. Complete circuit 3x


Now, understand that this is really simplified, but you get the idea. Add weights or bands to fatigue your muscles before the next exercise, and you'll get a killer workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment