Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Workout Wednesday: Total Body Tune-up

Here we are again! Snow, Snow, Snow!!!! Frankly, I would love for the snow to make up it's mind whether it's going to stay or go, but that's just me. Speaking of snow...I'm always cold, but this winter is ridiculous! Our house doesn't have central heating, so, I'm forever walking around bundled up, even though we live in the south. 
I have found some wonderful ways to keep warm:
1. Curl up with a good book, a blanket, and a cup of hot tea or hot chocolate.
2. Snuggle with my handsome fella. :-)
3. Start baking things...our oven gets super hot, so it heats up the entire top floor of the house, which is really the only floor we use anyway.
4 Workout. Do some cardio. I'll try out routines that I want to post, or pop in a cardio dvd. Either way, I feel better. 
5. Clean house...okay, so I'm desperate by the time I have to do this to keep warm, but it works great, so, there we go. I'm currently working on the 40 days - 40 bags of clutter challenge. Which was deperately needed at our house. I found out that I have 20 books that are great, but for whatever reason, their just taking up space...There's even some fitness related ones too. (Check out juliesunshine22).

I love total body circuit training, and this one has some sure-fire arm and leg toners.
So, Stay warm, and get moving!


  
Squat down then while in a squat, reach left leg behind you diagonally. Return to squat then stand. Repeat, alternating sides.




Start out in Plank, hands wide. Bring right hand to meet left hand. Repeat, alternating sides. 


Butterfly Bridge: Perform a glute bridge. While hips are lifted, press knees apart, maintaining tension.Press knees together, then lower. Repeat.





Reverse Plank


Bicycle Crunch







2 comments:

  1. I'm also stuck indoors! We had a foot of snow last night, and around here they get maybe an inch a year. It's supposed to be gone by this weekend, so I'm doing living room workouts in the meantime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am about to resume indoor workouts - thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete