Monday, February 10, 2014

Fired Up and Ready to Go!

Here I am writing to you now...Micah and I have really gotten fired up this weekend! My heart is full! There's a lot of reasons, but a very big one is that our band, These City Walls, and Micah's dad's band are joining together to form a canned food drive for CUOC, Christians United Outreach Center, a local ministry that has fallen on tough times. Because 33% of children in Randolph County are food insecure, we felt led to do something. This post is not to make us or our band, These City Walls, hyper-spiritual sounding, but the more people that help, the better, and trust me, we can't do this by ourselves!   James 2:15-16 says, "Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it?" The concert proceed, non-perishables will go toward feeding the hungry in our community! It's not about the money, honey! Please spread the word as we prepare for this event. Times are tough, but that doesn't mean we can't spread hope for the broken. 
Okay, So that's my Monday morning soapbox.  

It was great to have such a refreshing weekend, and to get to spend time with my husband, I must confess, I've had a few problems, with dreaming big the past couple of years, but not anymore. I don't want to waste my life wondering what I could've done with it. We went swing dancing Saturday night in Winston Salem and I got to dance more last on Saturday than I have in years! So much fun! I even got to dance with one of the teachers, and he said I did great! Man, was I on cloud nine! My sweet husband knew that going swing dancing would be just the thing for us to get away and just let our hair down. I've got a full writing docket the next couple of weeks, but I'm super excited that I get to use this gift so much, because that's what it is, a gift. Just like our bodies are a gift. Why waste time, tearing them down, when we can build them up? When I was dancing, I was so glad that I strength train, because we were doing Lindyhop, and let me tell you Lindyhop is no joke! So, don't waste time procrastinating with your fitness goals!!!! Now, I love fitness, but I don't live for fitness. I stay fit so that I can live a healthy life, and serve God and minister to others. Oh and here's a vid of the "Shim Sham". It's the Cupid Shuffle of swing dance. lol!
Happy Monday!

Oh, and By the way, today is my first link-up, so share the love and help our your fellow bloggers!Oh and you can still enter to win the Mash-Up Conditioning dvd today!

No comments:

Post a Comment