Thursday, August 7, 2014

Thoughtful Thursday: Pushups, Vision Boards, and Creating a Routine

Hi Everyone,
Today's post was meant for Wednesday, but time definitely escaped me. LOL...AKA, I had to go to work. I've felt motivated and driven to get a lot done this week, like expanding my business, finish an e-cookbook, etc. Wait, finish an e-cookbook? Yes, I've been carrying this around in my brain for months, and am now finally getting around to implementing it; it's actually a recipe collection. This is collection of clean recipes for non-chefs, aka, people who want to eat healthier, but don't have time to cook lots of gourmet recipes that taste great. The recipes are simple, easy to follow, and pretty cheap for the most part. There's a little of everything there. So, I accomplished one of my long term goals this week. It feels amazing!!! Speaking of goals, remember that post I did about one of my fitness goals for the new year was to gain more upper body strength and do different types of pushups....well, guess what...it happened. This goal is definitely a work in progress still, and will always be because fitness is a journey, not a destination. But here's a progess report on video:


 

This is definitely not my strong suit, no pun intended. But in order to reach those goals, I had to come up wih a plan that pushed me outside my comfott zone. 

I know I publish a lot of individual workouts. Here's what my workout schedule has been this week:



My last and final pic is something that is also a work in progress. I've been working on my vision board this week. I'm still adding pics to this it reflects goals from different areas of my life, spiritually, physically, financially, etc.





Sorry but it won't let me flip the image. So, I know this seems like a random hodge podge of pics but a lot of these areas reflect areas that are a challenge for me. There's one pic in particular that has lot of meaning to me. It's the picture of the child. Yes, the child has a cleft palate. For the past 5 years, I've wanted to adopt....not just any baby, but a baby that maybe no one else wants because of a cleft palate. I want to pay for the surgeries, so that child will not have to deal with teasing, and malnutrition anymore, and adopt them. Bring that child home, and give them a family to belong to. I think it's ridiculous that these kids get passed over because everyone else wants "normal" children. I want to write a book....more on that later...As for Isaiah 58:11, look it up. If you know how difficult our job situations have been for the past year, you'll know why I'm holding on to this verse. What are your goals? Do you have a vision? I would like to challenge you to dream big. Stop letting everyone else's opinions rule your life, so you can have the opportunity to bless others!


- Julie




4 comments:

  1. You have such a big heart! Good luck with your goals. The goal board gets you one step closer to achieving them!! #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie looks like you are on track and you did very well with those push ups - and standard too. That's not easy. I need a vision board. I was invited to a vision board party and did not attend but I am hopeful the next time I get invited I will definitely go. #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have a vision board but I need one especially one showing toned legs. #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
  4. This encouraging post received the most "clicks" on the August Great Blog Train (bloghop) - & it is now being featured on my blog: http://www.godsgrowinggarden.com/2014/08/august-2014-great-blog-train-results.html
    Thanks so much!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete