Wednesday, September 24, 2014

4 Ways I Keep Fit While Traveling

Hey There!
Today, we're going to be talking about how you can stay fit while traveling! Ok, holidays are coming up soon. And a lot of individuals allow their health and fitness routines to pretty much...well, crumble to pieces. Oh, and I was asked to write on this topic by Vegas.com . Look for more posts on Twitter under #TravelFit2014. They're so reliant on using machines at the gym that they don't know what to do if they in a place that doesn't use equipment that they're used to or their travel dates cause them to miss their gym dates that weeks. I used to run into the same issue, but I've since changed up my approach to fitness in such a way that I can pretty much get in a workout any time any where, and I'm not stressing over how to do it, without spending an arm and a leg!



1. Be flexible. Let your routine change a little, and don't freak out. Know you may have to squeeze in a half hour of bodyweight moves instead of your usual 2 hour gym stint, but let's face it, the change of pace will keep your body from plateauing, in fact, you may even get some results if you don't go overboard with your diet.

2. Take advantage of your surroundings. Walk don't drive. Take the stairs. Go for a hike. Use the hotel pool/gym area. Make sure you're in a safe area though. If you're somewhere like Vegas, try the Hotel Hike at the Area Las Vegas. See the sights and get a workout. The resort even loans you a bag with handweights, a water bottle, and a yoga mat!

3. Pack travel-friendly tools. I love to carry my resistance bands with me when I travel. I also take my PiYo or 21 Day Fix dvd's with me because all I need is body weight and/or resistance bands. I also like to print off the workouts from Workout Labs and Ace Fitness if I don't have access to a tv and dvd player.

4. Pack protein powder. I carry my Blender bottle and Shakeology (or protein powder) with me every where. This actually saves me money, and I don't end up eating icky fast food. I also buy bags of mini peppers, bananas, and almonds and eat them as snacks.

These are some suggestions that I use to stay fit while traveling. I find that if I stay in some sort of routine, it's not a struggle when I return home. Get creative and think outside of the box. The best fitness regimen is a maintainable fitness regimen.

Happy Travels!

-Julie Auler


PiYo DEFINE YOURSELF

1 comment:

  1. Hi Julie!!!! Where have you been lately? I have taken workout clothes on my trip to the Bahamas with the intent to workout and it was so enjoyable. Because I was running on a treadmill in front of the ocean. PLUS when you use their gym you get free spa service! It was NICE!! And I did not feel half as bad for all the bad eating. #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete