Thursday, August 29, 2013

Hi my wonderful friends! So, after a very long blogging hiatus, I'm back in the saddle, with blogging. I've been tweaking my diet and fitness regimen to include a more holistic fitness regimen, and it's really paid off. Amazing what a little stress management will do for you, especially when that includes prayer and Scripture.
In Hebrew, the word "salvation" means "room to breathe". Oh how I've needed that lately! But don't we all! There are lots of studies by ACSM and other organizations showing how true breathing reduces stress, and as a result, reduces, cortisol, which in turn, has side effects such as reducing belly fat.
So my friends, let's think about this: Salvation= room to breathe. God already had the corner on this market!  When we experience the presence of God, He can give us room to breathe. If we reach out and accept it. Matthew 11:30 "Take my yoke upon you, for My yoke is easy, and my burden is light." God really does care about the effects of stress on us, but how many times do we take too much on...? He is the only One at whose feet we can lay our burdens down, so that we can receive His yoke, one of rest. So convicting...but that's what I learned this week.





No comments:

Post a Comment