Friday, December 13, 2013

Fit Foods That Make Awesome Appetizers

During Christmas, I'm always looking for delicious ways to fix healthy foods....If you're new to a healthier lifestyle, this may be a particularly challenging time if you're hosting parties, or even taking food to parties. Well, this week, I wanted to give you some simple and delicious options for appetizers, and dips.

Roasted Brussel Sprouts: If you had asked me if I would eat this veggie years ago, I would have said, "No Way!" But this veggie is amazing. I like to roast them in the oven, drizzled with olive oil, sprinkled with sea salt and cracked pepper and topped with parmesan cheese...Amazing. Oh and I love to dip these wonderful greens in hummus. Vitamin K, Vitamin C, Iron

Roasted Cauliflower: I use a bag of frozen cauliflower and roast at 375 Fahrenheit. I use the olive oil, salt, pepper, and mozzerella cheese for this one...my personal favorite. Vitamin C

Roasted Chickpeas: These are great with chili powder, and a salt-free seasoning. They're crunchy and will satiate your guests until the main course is ready to serve. Protein, Fiber

Almonds and Dark Chocolate Chips: Every gathering needs something sweet. This treat is sweet, but not too sweet. I love to place these in a pretty bowl. They look so elegant. Protein, Fiber,

Greek Yogurt Peanut Butter Dip: Just mix equal parts of greek yogurt and peanut butter together in a bowl. This is amazing with sliced apples and bananas. Protein, Calcium

Hummus: You can buy store bought or make your own. I love this spread on pretty much everything. Vitamin E, Protein

These are just a few of my favorite foods, to serve at any party! The prep work is easy and they're low budget foods that won't break the bank. Our family loves trying new foods, and I discovered  these foods last year, and I'm sure that even your pickiest guest will enjoy at least one of the appetizers on this list!

No comments:

Post a Comment