Friday, March 14, 2014

Fitness 5 Friday: My Review of 21 Day Fix

Hi!
So it's been over a week since I've posted, but I have soooo much to tell you! The past 21 days, I've been a bit preoccupied with the 21 Day Fix challenge, and whoa, the results are amazing, both inside and out! I've had so much fun working out with my hubby as we've completed this challenge together! We also cut back on our grocery bill! I've been reminded through this experience, that I need accountability as much as the next person, and love the community I've found through this! I plan to do a round 2 starting next week! The workouts are great, and you get to do a different half-hour workout daily, and the meal guide was amazing! There's no guesswork in this, and I was eating a wide variety of foods and taking my Shakeology daily! I plan to buy the barre leg workout and the flat abs fix workouts to go with this series. There's even a plyo dvd that can be dialed down a notch...or two or three for those who want to try plyo but aren't sure if it's for them. I love the modifications, and the warm up helped me to recruit the right muscles during strength exercises! There's even 2 active rests days and a variety of workout types. I would recommend this program for almost anyone, whether a beginner or a pro. There's something you can do. The only equipment needed is a resistance band.
This week, I've experienced several blessings that I've overlooked...for some crazy reasons, this week has been more stressful than normal...and oh, how I felt it. Here are 5 things that I am thankful for this week.
1. My wonderful husband giving me a foot massage yesterday.
2. My amazing sister-in-law and dear friend, Elizabeth helping me organize and spring clean my house this week!
3. Getting an offer to teach classes at a rec center near our house.
4. Getting mentioned on a National Coach Call by the CEO of Beachbody
5. Being anonymously gifted with money for a nice date night for my hubby and I.

It's so easy to overlook the amazing things around us when we are bombarded daily by all that's going on in the world, but when all is said and done, it's nice to know that I can get away, pray, and relax for a moment. I'm so grateful for the loving husband I have, and thankful for so many simple things, such as having arms and legs that are strong and healthy. So many people take this for granted. Don't make the same mistake. Count your blessings this week!

4 comments:

  1. I have 21DF to start as soon as I finish P90X3 which, btw, I love! Can't wait to see how I like 21DF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a blessing jar and every time we receive a blessing we write it down on a sticky note, fold it and add it to the jar. One of the best things we could have done this year. Helps keep us focused and grounded!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Curleedst above, I started a blessing jar this summer because in a hectic world I sometimes forget about the little things that I have been blessed with. And wow, love the results with the 21DF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, it is SO important to practice an "attitude of gratitude" :) Even when we are busy/stressed/overwhelmed, thinking about all that we have, and being happy about them truly shifts our whole attitude. I was in a homework haze when I took a break to check out your blog, and just reading about what YOU were grateful for, made me smile, and reminded me of all that i have to be thankful for, like the opportunity to even be obtaining my master's degree, even if it is overwhelming at time. Happy Sunday <3 BY THE WAY YOU LOOK AMAZING :)

    ReplyDelete